Christmas and Christmas treats are just around the corner. We all are planning for our family get-togethers. After all, what is a Christmas without friends and families, right? Especially the family dinner. The laughs, the endless chatters, arguing on silly things, recalling memories, making happy memories, and planning for creating happier memories. And of course, the foods and desserts. What is a good Christmas table without a great dessert? Our personal favourite is these vegan gingerbread cookies for guilt-free Christmas treats. When you bite through the slightly spiced and nicely sweet crunchy outside and suddenly a rich taste of molasses surprises you, you will definitely feel like it is Christmas.
We would like to share this simple, tasty, and low-calorie recipe for vegan gingerbread cookies for your Christmas. We have used almond meal instead of all-purpose flour. Almond meal is one of the best low-carb alternatives of regular flour. It is filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other good nutrients. You will get all the benefits of almonds which include reduction of bad cholesterol, weight loss, improved energy level, etc. with this cookie. And the best part is, there is no sugar in the recipe. Thus, if you want to indulge in a guilt-free sweet treat, these gingerbread cookies can be your go-to recipe for all around the year including Christmas.
Another great thing about the recipe is that it is not time-consuming at all. Generally, you have to give the dough some standing time to be ready properly. But in this recipe, there is no need for any standing time. Just knead the dough, roll, and cut, bake, and decorate. And you are ready to feel the Christmas vibe.
Decorating the gingerbread cookies are absolutely up to you. You can enjoy the cookies as it is. And if you want to decorate it to add the Christmas vibe, then healthy and vegan options are endless. You can use store-bought coconut sugar icing, Erythritol icing, almonds, peanuts, sweet cherries, chocolate sprinkles, and so on.
We hope you enjoy your Christmas and that these Cookies add some joy.
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place baking paper on the baking tray. Set aside.
- Now take a mixing bowl. Add almond meal, tapioca starch, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ground ginger, nutmeg powder, and kosher salt in the mixing bowl. Lightly mix all the dry ingredients.
- Now add melted coconut oil, molasses, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Stir until they make a dough. You might need to use your hands to knead the dough.
- Now place the dough between two pieces of baking paper. Roll out the dough to 5 mm thickness with the help of a rolling pin. Now cut out the gingerbread cookies with your favorite shape cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray. If you want soft cookies, you can bake them for ten minutes. And if you like your cookies to be a little crispy, then bake them for 15 minutes.
- Decorate your cookies your preferred way. Brighter may be best