This is the ultimate Low Allergen chocolate chip cookie recipe. It doesn’t have any egg, wheat flour, nut flour, nut milk or dairy. This cookie is also vegan and gluten-free. And the best part is that the substitute ingredients are extremely nutritious.
First of all, we have used soaked chia seeds as the egg replacement. Chia seeds are a highly nutritious superfood. A small number of chia seeds contain a rich amount of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, minerals, and other micronutrients. They are also known as a significant source of antioxidants including myricetin, caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, quercetin, and kaempferol. These antioxidants function as anticancer properties and protectors of the heart & liver. As a rich source of protein and fibre, chia seeds can make you feel full for a long time. Calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus can increase bone mineral density thus strengthening bone health. Chia seeds also help to maintain your blood sugar level.
We have used coconut flour as the wheat flour replacement. Coconut flour is a great source of plant-based protein. It also has a high volume of fibre and minerals including potassium and iron. The high fibre content in coconut flour ensures a great digestive system and good gut health. Coconut flour also helps to decrease triglyceride and cholesterol levels thus preventing heart diseases. It also ensures a healthy body weight and maintains blood sugar levels.
The butter replacement of the recipe is tahini. Tahini is made from toasted sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are a great source of different vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory monounsaturated fats. They decrease the risk of type-2 diabetes and different cardiovascular diseases. They contain different anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that can enhance our immunity. Tahini also protects our nerve cells and prevents brain damage by promoting brain health.
We hope you enjoy these Low Allergen Cookies
Ultimate Allergy-friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dark vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup tahini or substitute with Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Take a small bowl. Add water and chia seeds. Let them sit for 20 minutes. They will form a jelly-like texture. This mixture will work as the egg replacement for the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to180C. Place a baking paper on the baking tray.
- Add coconut flour, soaked chia seeds, baking powder, tahini, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, and stevia into a food processor. Mix nicely. Then add the dark chocolate chips and mix carefully with your hands.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Do the same with the remaining mixture and place them on the baking paper. Press the cookies to the appropriate thickness with the help of a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.