Valentine’s Day is upon us. And if you are looking forward to setting a great dinner table for your special one, don’t forget to add a luscious Vegan Red Velvet cake as the dessert. Nothing speaks romance louder than a delicious, fluffy, creamy, and dreamy piece of red velvet cake. Who won’t get excited to see the piece of art at the end of the dinner? It will set the perfect mood to celebrate this great day of love.
We are happy to share this great and romantic recipe. This is so simple to prepare yet so heavenly to devour. And the best part is the recipe is Vegan. So, if you want to win over your loved one’s heart while taking care of his heart, then this recipe is just for you. This egg-less and dairy-free recipe can replace any traditional red velvet cake. The velvety texture, super-moist bites and rich flavour is worth every effort.
Before starting to create this great cake, please make sure to consider these important points. First of all, try to use good quality all-purpose flour. Although you can use whole wheat flour to make the red velvet cake healthier. But all-purpose flour makes the cake much fluffier than the whole wheat flour. As we are not using any egg in the recipe, it is necessary to get the fluffiness. The second thing to be aware of is to use only almond butter for the frosting. Almond butter is very good for the heart and brain. And it creates the smoothest and glossiest frosting for your red velvet cake. To maintain the traditional red velvet cake vibe, I haven’t used any nuts or fruits in the cake mix or frosting.
But if you want to bring a little bit of uniqueness to your valentine’s treat you can add any chopped nut in the cake mix. Or you can also decorate your delicious creation with some fresh strawberries or raspberries. Yum
Vegan Red Velvet Cake
For the cake
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red food color Natural
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spray some extra virgin olive oil into a baking pan.
- Add apple cider vinegar into almond milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now add the extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and red food color. Mix nicely.
- In another bowl, mix all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Incorporate nicely.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients mix into the wet ingredients mix. Fold properly.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Beat almond butter and icing sugar together until mixed properly. Add coconut milk and vanilla extract. Mix for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it completely cool down. Then decorate the cake with the frosting as per your choice.