Stress and Anxiety are certainly a topical condition at the moment. We can be victims of Stress due to overloading workload, sedentary lifestyle, current pandemic situations, and increasing tensions. The symptoms of Stress and Anxiety vary from person to person, and the effects are not pleasant for anyone. Long-term Stress can bring difficult health issues, including blood pressure problems, heart diseases, diabetes, etc. We should pay attention to reduce stress when it occurs in our life or the life of our loved ones.
The Stress-reduction process holds various aspects, including approaching a healthy lifestyle, work-personal life balance, time management, etc. One essential element among them is our healthy food habits which we tend to forget, particularly in times of Stress and Anxiety. Our food intake can strongly impact our Stress levels. Certain foods have active nutrients that directly affects the stress hormone. We will talk about some of those foods now, and we will incorporate these food elements into a healthy recipe. You might find a delicious way to reduce your Stress.
The first food we will talk about is the Egg. We all know egg contains an ample amount of protein and good fat. But do you know, it also contains choline, which directly influences the production of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that impacts the mood-regulating and Stress-reducing portion of the brain. Thus, you should consume Eggs while dealing with extreme Stress.
Another great food for Stress is Cashew Nuts. This tiny, sweet food can be an excellent alternative for your sugar cravings. It is crammed full of Zinc, Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B6, Amino Acid, and Omega 3 Fats. All of these nutrients directly help you to cut down your Stress and Anxiety level. Another essential element of today’s recipe is tomato. Tomato has a tremendous amount of lycopene which helps to repair and heal weakened brain cells, thus reducing Stress.
We hope you enjoy this Spicy Egg Curry.
Spicy egg curry
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespooon cashew paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1. Heat the olive oil and add onion slices. Sauté for two minutes. Then add chopped tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, cashew paste, salt, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder- Cook for 2 to 3minutes.
- 2. Now add the water. Let it come to a boil. Then add the boiled eggs. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 3. Serve.