Get your Radiant Skin Glow on with this delicious, creamy chilled avocado soup!
With the winter months now behind us, it’s time to put away those winter woollies and slip into something a little more playful. Winter leaves us with tired, dry and itchy skin that can look a little dull and flat for many of us. For radiant-looking skin that is smooth, hydrated and glowing, there’s no need to rush out to buy expensive oils and creams. Get your glow on by nourishing your body from the inside to out with our famous chilled avocado soup.
First things first, the easiest (and best) way to ensure you have skin that you’re confident in flaunting is to stay well hydrated. Make sure you are having plenty of water throughout the day. After water, it is important to be eating the right kind of foods to ensure healthy-looking skin. Healthy fats are essential if you want to keep your skin thick, soft and supple. Without having plenty of quality fats in our diet can leave your skin feeling and looking dry.
Avocados are high in healthy fats and in particular, certain types of fats that are associated with soft, silky skin. Avocados are also a great source of vitamin E, which will also protect your skin from oxidative stress and damage (including reducing the signs of ageing).
With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect time to ensure you are including healthy fats like avocado in your daily diet. Add to a fresh, vibrant salad, a scoop or two into your green smoothie or try this incredibly good for you chilled avocado soup…. Anyway, you chose to serve it your skin will be thanking you!
Chilled Avocado Soup
- 2 Cup Goats milk kefir
- 2 Cup Avocado pulp (approx. 2 large ripe avocados)
- 1 Cucumber peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Onion peeled and diced
- 1 Lime zested and juiced (divided)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 2 Cup Milk of choice
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno sauce
- Blend the buttermilk and avocados in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the cucumber, onion, lime juice (reserving the zest), salt and pepper.
- With blender running, add in the milk, water and Jalapeno sauce. Process on high speed until smooth, approximately one minute.
- Remove the avocado soup from the food processor/blender and pour into a large glass jar or container. Secure the lid and chill the soup in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold, garnished with a drizzle of kefir and a slice or two of cucumber.