It’s extremely exciting to introduce real food to your baby. And truly stressful at the same time. You need to consider so many things before starting solid food. Is the baby ready yet? What should be given and which foods should be eliminated? You should start introducing different foods to your baby at the age of six months. Make sure to give extremely smooth pureed food in the first few weeks. Try to introduce different veggies and lentils to your baby. And avoid salt and sugar for the first 12 months. This healthy broccoli red lentil puree recipe is packed with some beneficial vegetables and red lentils.
Let us give you some quick advantages of this recipe. First of all, there are very few ingredients to make the puree. It will help your child to familiarise simple and healthy tastes. The main ingredients of the recipe are broccoli, peas, and red lentils. Broccoli is a great choice as a transitioning food. It is filled with Vitamin B6, A, C, K, Iron, Zinc, And Folate. All of these nutrients are great for brain development and physical growth. The next key ingredient is green pea. It is packed with the goodness of Folate, Fibre, Vitamin C, & K. It’s a magnificent blessing for the development of your child’s bones, brain, and eyes.
Another important element of the recipe is the red lentils. Lentils are packed with protein which acts as a fuel for muscle development. It also has a rich amount of Folate, Fibre, Zinc, Iron, and B-Vitamins. These nutrients help to nourish the nervous system, increase the strength of the bones, and improve the digestive system. Red lentils help to strengthen the immunity of your baby. You may find them more active thanks to their increased energy
Broccoli Red Lentil Puree
- 3 broccoli florets grated
- 1 teaspoon frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon red lentil
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- Add olive oil into a saucepan. Sautee broccoli florets, frozen peas, and red lentils for 5 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add water and let it come to a boil. Then cook the vegetables on a low flame for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Let the broccoli and lentil mixture come to room temperature. Then make a smooth puree using a high-quality blender.