Are you ready for a New Year Detox.?
Feeling heavy and sluggish? Struggling with a little holiday weight gain? Or perhaps your energy levels have dropped? If so, it’s time for a New Year detox! Don’t worry – cleansing isn’t about starving yourself or taking fancy supplements. Simple things, such as cutting back on sugar and eating more veggies and fruit, will rid your body of harmful toxins and boost your health.
A post-holiday detox could be just the thing you need and is a great way to reset your body and start the New Year feeling great! Increased energy levels, improved mood, and reduced inflammation levels are all benefits you can expect from a detox. Our bodies, which were once quite capable of removing unwanted toxins on their own, now struggle with an overloaded system. This is when fatigue and illness follow, so it’s important to take time to create the right environment for our body to expel toxins by Detoxing
Bring balance back and helps our systems function properly again. Removing the stress from our detoxification organs, opens us to more energy, better physical and emotional health and vitality.
If you’re looking at doing a detox this New Year’s try and set yourself a goal of 2 weeks. It best to avoid meat and to load up on plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. Opt for green smoothies (and smoothie bowls like this one) and take Psyllium Husk to boost your fibre intake and get rid of metabolic waste. Following these few simple tips, you will be feeling fantastic in no time!
Detox Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Frozen banana roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen pineapple roughly chopped
- 1 cup Spinach fresh leaves washed
- 1/2 Cucumber roughly chopped
- 2 Kiwi fruits skin removed
- 3 tbsp Hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Shredded coconut (organic if possible)
- 1 cup Coconut water (or more if needed)
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 1/2 Banana thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Frozen berries of choice
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut (organic if possible)
- Add all smoothie bowl ingredients to a high-speed food processor or blender. Blitz on high speed for 60 seconds. Add a little extra coconut water if needed to achieve your desired consistency,
- Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with equal amounts of the topping ingredients.
- Serve immediately.