How would you assess a patient with Pyrrole Disorder?
- Initially to test for Pyrrole Disorder we have a comprehensive pathology testing package that includes an In-House Screening Tools, Indican test, pH Test and Zinc Test.
- A Urine Pathology test to identify a positive for Kryptopyrroles
How can Naturopathy help a patient suffering from Pyrrole Disorder?
As a Naturopath, I would ensure the patient has their nutrients in balance and I would specifically target B6 vitamins, Biotin, Zinc and the Omega 6 fat GLA.
What do you do for a patient suffering from Pyrrole Disorder?
- First things first – it is important to get the specific nutrients listed above up to their correct levels
- Once the correct levels have been achieved, we would often need to address areas such as digestion, stress, poor diet and leaking gut syndrome
How often would someone have to visit you to see improvements from their condition?
Initially, it is advisable to visit fortnightly to get on top of any underlying factors, thereafter the patient would need to check in as required.
Client: Woman in her late 20s
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic Headaches
- Low libido
- A feeling of becoming more introverted
Duration of Symptoms: 2 years
Course Of Action:
We screened the patient to check for leaking gut and the results showed a strong positive. We also sent her for the pathology pyrrole test which also returned a strong positive result.
Her treatment plan focussed on increasing the integrity of the gut. Once this was on track we provided supplements that contained the nutrients she was deficient in.
- Her digestive pain was relieved
- Her headaches were reduced
- She was able to take control over her lifestyle and diet and she made a positive shift in her overall well being
Small improvements were made within a 2 week period. Continuing to work with her in fortnightly intervals resulted in her feeling like a different person after a couple of months.