Your Best Defence Against Cold and Flu is your Immune System
If you’re wanting to build your Immune System this cold and flu season, that best way to do it is naturally with foods that are nutrient-rich. Nourishing your body with foods that are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants will help build and keep your immune system strong. The Green Papaya Salad is the perfect meal to build your immune system.
Vitamin C is quite a popular choice for many people to turn to when they start feeling a little under the weather. Citrus fruits (particularly oranges) are generally associated with vitamin C, however other fruits such as Papaya are loaded with the immune-boosting vitamin also. You will, in fact, find roughly 224% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C in a single papaya.
This amazing fruit is also bursting with plenty of other vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, potassium and folate, all of which will help boost your overall health and well-being.
There are many different varieties of papaya and you will find it is also a very versatile fruit. Cut it up fresh and enjoy on its own with a squeeze of lime juice or perhaps try it in a delicious salad like this one to really take it to the next level. Whatever way you like it, enjoy every bite knowing it will be doing wonders for your health.
Green Papaya Salad
- 2 Cup Green papaya shredded or cut into thin strips
- 250 grams Green beans julienned
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 3 Dried red chilies chopped
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice freshly squeezed
- 8 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5 Tbsp Peanuts roasted and chopped
- 4 Tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- In layers, arrange the papaya and green beans.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, chillies, coconut sugar, tamari and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad & garnish with the cut cherry tomatoes, peanuts and coriander.