Chronic Fatigue is often the answer
Have you asked yourself, “Why do I feel so tired all the time”? Let us help you answer that! Combat chronic fatigue with our delicious curry. Other than a lack of sleep or busy lifestyle there can be other reasons you’re feeling this way. Some causes may potentially be easily addressed such as dietary changes or balancing hormones, other causes may stem from more chronic and debilitating conditions such as chronic fatigue.
Chronic fatigue can affect anyone at any age, however, is more common in women between their 40’s and 50’s. While this condition can stem from immune system issues, viral infections or hormonal imbalances there are definitely things you can do to help support and boost your energy levels. Firstly ensure you are eating a healthy diet, with plenty of vegetables and foods that help fight inflammation. Try to avoid foods that cause inflammation such as sugar, fried foods and packaged and processed foods that contain preservatives. Another thing to consider is that you ensure sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day and limit your caffeine and alcohol intake.
At Brisbane Livewell Clinic, our team of holistic health professionals can help manage and overcome your symptoms of chronic fatigue. Our qualified nutritionists, naturopaths and dietitians will get to the root cause and help boost your energy levels.
For the best holistic health service in Brisbane book online now, we have clinics in Chermside and Cannon Hill. We look forward to hearing from you soon, in the meantime enjoy this delicious vegetable curry!
- 2 Lg Carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 Cup Pumpkin peeled and cubed (seeds discarded)
- 2 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Red capsicum seeded and diced
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1 Red Onion peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger peeled and finely grated
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Steamed rice
- Fresh coriander
- Lemon or lime wedges
- In a large steaming basket (with lid on) over boiling water, steam the carrots and pumpkin for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, chopped capsicum, zucchini and red onion and steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, continue to steam for 3 – 5 minutes or until all vegetables are just tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick fry pan, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the curry powder, ginger, garlic, turmeric and cumin seeds, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and lemon juice and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetables and toss through with the curry sauce.
- Serve over hot rice and Sprinkle with some fresh coriander and a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.