If you are planning a gluten-free Breakfast you should start with this amazing Muesli so you have a proper healthy breakfast. After all, if you start your day right, you will end it in the right way too. Muesli has always been a great option for that. This muesli recipe can be a delicious breakfast for everyone in your life. Muesli is a perfect example of food versatility. It is basically a combination of different dried fruits, seeds, nuts, and sometimes various dried grains and spices. You can prepare muesli overnight or if you are in a hurry, you can prepare this recipe in just fifteen minutes. You can add different types of fresh fruits or nuts as toppings. This delicious coconut muesli recipe is gluten-free, great for plant-based eaters. tasty, and healthy all at the same time.
This muesli is a great source of fibre that will help to improve your digestive system and prevent cardiovascular diseases. As you add different types of fruits, nuts, grains, and seeds to muesli, it becomes a great source of various vitamins and minerals. A small serving of muesli can keep you full and energetic. It also helps you to keep a check on your blood pressure and blood sugars. In this recipe, we have used coconut milk as the gluten-free and plant-based milk option. Although coconut milk contains a little more calories, those calories are extremely healthy calories. Coconut milk is filled with lauric acid which reduces the number of bad bacteria and viruses in our body. This is why you should consume coconut milk if you are suffering from any kind of infection. Coconut milk also helps us to fight heart problems and boosts our immune system. We hope you enjoy this Gluten-Free breakfast recipe.
Chocolate coconut muesli
- 1 cup of buckwheat flakes or quinoa flakes substitute with old-fashioned rolled oats if desired
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried raisins
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped
- 8 strawberries chopped
- 8 blueberries
- 2 bananas cut into slices
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Add oats, cinnamon powder, and pumpkin seeds in a large frying pan. Dry roast them on a low heat for 3 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Dry roast the almonds, walnuts, apricots, and raisins on a low heat for 3 minutes. Then add the dried coconut flakes and dry roast for another 2 minutes.
- Now mix roasted flakes (oats), cinnamon powder, pumpkin seeds, apricots, almonds, walnuts, raisins, and coconut flakes. Your muesli mix is ready. You can store the mix in an air-tight container for up to seven days. If you want you can also toast the ingredients in an oven. In that case, preheat the oven to 180C. Place the ingredients in a baking tray and toast them for 10 minutes.
- Now heat the coconut milk and water in a saucepan. When it comes to a boil add maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Then add the muesli mix and cook on a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the muesli in the serving bowls. Top with strawberries, blueberries, banana slices, coconut flakes, and nuts. Enjoy.