Dragon Fruit and Coconut Milk make this delicious Festive Season Vegan dessert great tasting, nutritious and healthy. Everyone will enjoy.
Dragon fruit is a low-calorie fruit with highly valuable compounds. Dragon fruit is loaded with fibre which helps to regulate diabetes. It restrains sugar spikes thus controlling the blood sugar level. Fibre also helps to aid poor digestive systems and constipation. As a great anti-inflammatory fruit, it helps to fight arthritis. This fruit is a great source of monosaturated fat which is directly linked to maintaining good heart health. It also reduces the bad cholesterol level while increasing the good cholesterol level.
One of the root causes of cell damage and chronic diseases is the increase of unstable molecules named free radicals. Regular intake of antioxidants can fight to neutralize these free radicals. Dragon fruit is a powerhouse of anti-oxidants. It contains different types of antioxidants including vitamin C, betalains, carotenoids, etc. These components actively cleanse the free radicals and cancer-producing elements from our internal system.
Another important ingredient of the recipe is coconut milk. Although coconut milk is a high-calorie food, these calories are very healthy and necessary calories. Coconut milk is filled with anti-oxidants including vitamin C and vitamin E. Both of the vitamins are great for their free radical neutralizing power. Coconut milk also helps to ensure the internal electrolyte balance as a rich source of potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. Phosphorus is a significant element of our teeth and bone structure. We need potassium to maintain a good heart & muscle functioning. And magnesium is necessary to keep up a better nervous system. Coconut milk helps to maintain a good immune system, assists with preventing anaemia, improves our heart health, gives good hair & skin, reduces our aging process, and thus promotes great health.
What a great addition to your Festive Season dining
Dragon Fruit Pana Cotta
- 2 dragon fruits chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon agar agar flakes or gelatin
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1.5 cup of water
- Add coconut milk, 1 cup of water, agar agar flakes, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup into a saucepan. Mix well.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat. When it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Turn off the heat and strain the mixture through a fine strainer.
- Pour the mixture into the serving cups. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- In the meantime, make the dragon fruit sauce. Add ½ cup of water, chopped dragon fruit, and remaining maple syrup into a pan. Let it come to a boil. Then cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Break down the dragon fruits with the help of a masher.
- Pour the prepared dragon fruit sauce over the prepared panna cotta once it is set. Garnish with your favorite fruits. Enjoy.