If you are craving a healthy salad with various micronutrients, lean protein, and healthy fat, then this recipe is just for you. This tasty salad is really easy to make and loaded with nutritional value so lets look at the main ingredients
Chicken is a great source of protein. It also has ample vitamins and minerals including Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, selenium, niacin, calcium, and phosphorus. Compared to other meats, chicken is low in calories. The protein source is great for muscle building and repair, promoting bone strength, and developing heart health. It also helps to boost the testosterone level.
Pumpkin is a highly nutritious food. It is particularly a powerhouse of Vitamin A. Along with that, you will get a rich amount of several B vitamins and a lot of minerals like zinc, folate, magnesium, and phosphorus. It keeps you full for a long time, thus aiding weight loss. It also promotes your digestion system. It contains a lot of antioxidants which might help to combat free radicals, develop heart health, and reduce inflammation.
Lettuce is a super hydrating leafy vegetable with lots of health benefits. It is filled with Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C. Lettuce is rich in antioxidants and helps to fight oxidative stress and inflammation. It is a low-calorie food that boosts your weight loss journey.
Quinoa is filled with nutritional values. It has a high volume of protein and nine essential amino acids. It also provides an ample amount of folate, zinc, magnesium, and iron. Quinoa is a great source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory plant compounds. It is gluten-free and contains high fibre. It improves our metabolic health, heart, and bone.
We have used olive oil as the healthy fat source of the recipe. It provides strong antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Olive oil is good to control your cholesterol level. It is also beneficial for your skin and bones.
Quinoa Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin chopped & boiled
- 1/4 cup green lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup red lettuce chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa cooked
- Marinate the chicken with salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, paprika, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 15 minutes.
- Place a grilling pan over medium heat. Grill the chicken breasts for 5 minutes. Flip and grill for another 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Salad Dressing - 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Beat for 1 minute mixing thoroughly in a bowl .
- Combine pumpkin, green lettuce, red lettuce, onion, and cooked quinoa in a salad bowl. Pour the salad dressing. Toss and mix.
- On the serving plate, serve the salad with grilled chicken.