If you are suffering from iron deficiency or Anaemia, make sure you are taking an ample amount of iron-rich foods in your daily diet. Chicken liver is a great source of iron. Along with iron, chicken liver is loaded with folate and biotin, which have multiple health benefits. The high amount of iron makes chicken liver an energy-boosting menu. It especially helps to reduce fatigue and weakness that arises from Anaemia. And the chicken liver has fewer calories than other iron-rich red meats like beef liver or mutton liver. So it is safer to consume chicken liver as a high iron source for Anaemia.
The main protein in human red blood cells is called Hemoglobin. This is the element that carries oxygen through the bloodstream to all the organs through the whole body. Sometimes the hemoglobin concentration in the blood gets lower than normal, thus reduces the blood ability to transfer oxygen to organs. This situation is called Anaemia in the clinical term. As a result, the patient feels dizziness, fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath. Sometimes Anaemia starts with iron deficiency. If you can control the iron deficiency at the beginning, it may prevent Anaemia.
Another great food to fight Anemia is spinach. Whether you consume spinach in its raw form or cooked, it will give you a generous amount of iron. However, it is easier for your body to absorb iron while the spinach is cooked properly. You can cook spinach in numerous ways. You can add it in smoothies, shakes, salads, and vegetarian dishes. And if you want to make a killer fighter for Anaemia, then you can combine spinach with chicken liver. You might think this is a weird combination. But trust me, if you follow this recipe, you will have a delicious treat for yourself. And fighting the Anaemia is obviously a bonus. So without further delay, let’s get to the recipe.
Pan-roasted chicken liver with Sautéed spinach
- 8 oz chicken liver cut into bite size pieces
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- First, prepare the chicken liver. Marinate the chicken liver with salt, pepper, and lemon juice for 10 minutes. Then heat one tablespoon olive oil. Place the liver pieces in the frying pan. Let them cook for 3 minutes. Then flip over and cook for another 3 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Now Heat the rest of the oil. Fry onion and garlic. Then add spinach, salt, paprika, and soy sauce. Cook on a medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now add the cooked chicken liver pieces and toss nicely.