A Healthy Salad that screams Christmas.
The festive season here in Australia calls for fun, fresh salads that can be shared with excitement not to mention impress a crowd, (because who likes boring salads right?). When you’re entertaining (or need to bring a plate) this Christmas, we have you covered with our Pomegranate Christmas Salad. Not only does it scream Christmas with bright red and green colours, but it is also bursting with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (all the essentials to keep you feeling and looking your best). Pomegranate juice contains more than 100 phytochemicals. The pomegranate fruit has been used for thousands of years as medicine. Today, pomegranate juice is being studied for its many health benefits. It may help with cancer prevention, immune support, and fertility.
Pomegranates are an excellent source of fibre, Vitamins A, C some B Vitamins and mineral such as calcium, potassium and iron. They are also an excellent source of antioxidants (three times higher than Red Wine and Green Tea and have an amazing anti-inflammatory effect which is useful this time of year where you may tend to overindulge in some extra treats or a drink or two. While a treat or drink here and there over the festive season is to be expected (and enjoyed), they can produce free radicals in the body. Free radicals can be combated by ensuring you’re consuming plenty of foods that are rich in antioxidants such as this delicious Pomegranate Christmas Salad
Pomegranate Christmas Salad
- 4 cup Mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 cup Radicchio roughly chopped
- 1 Red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Feta cubed or crumbled
- 3/4 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1 Lg Lime zested and juiced, (or 2 small/medium)
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 sml Garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nut oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Mint finely chopped
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to glass jar, secure the lid and shake well.
- Drizzle over preferred amount of dressing over the salad and lightly toss to coat the salad.
- Serve immediately as part of your summery festive feast.