This Vegan Chilli is a low-calorie meal and will keep you feeling full and satisfied. That’s why it is perfect for intermittent fasting. The spicy kick and the nutritious value makes the dish extra-special for everyone. This iconic dish is famous worldwide, and it seems everyone has their own unique chilli recipe. So, we are happy to share with you our vegan chilli recipe. Being a vegan version, this chilli contains way fewer calories than the original. So, if you need a delicious yet nutritious weight-loss recipe, this may be perfect for you. The main ingredients of the vegan chilli recipe are different types of beans. You may add some varieties to the vegetables, but the beans should not be replaced or swapped. Beans are an underrated food blessing. They are full of protein, amino acid, folate, and fibre. In fact, they are probably the best plant-based protein source. You will also get an ample amount of minerals from different types of beans. Those minerals include potassium, magnesium, iron, and zinc which are extremely important for the overall well-being of our body. Beans and legumes are great for our heart health. They improve cardiovascular activities and blood flow. It reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and helps to lower cholesterol. In addition, the anti-oxidants of beans boost our immune system and may help reduce the risk of cancer.
The vegan chilli recipe is great for you if you are dealing with obesity, fatty liver, blood sugar, and blood pressure. However, even if you are not suffering from any of these issues, you should try the recipe. It will improve your health in a healthy and tasty way and help with intermittent fasting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 large onions sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 cup of canned tomato with juice
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 1 cup pinto beans drained
- 1 cup red kidney beans drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Take a heavy-bottom saucepan. Heat olive oil and add onion and garlic. Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Now add carrot, celery, red capsicum, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and red chilli powder. Fry on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add canned tomato with juice, pinto beans, red kidney beans, black beans, and vegetable stock. Mix nicely and let it come to a boil. Then simmer the chili on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and lime juice at the end. Mix nicely.
- Serve hot.