Healthy foods are almost the same for both men and women. But certain foods can specifically enhance men’s health and energy. When we talk about foods for men’s health, the first thing comes to most of our mind is lean meat or protein shake. But there are so many vegan options to boost men’s Health and Energy. For example, spinach. This green leafy vegetable can work like steroids. It is filled with magnesium, which helps to boost the blood flow in the human body. Spinach is also rich in folate which is known as a sexual performance booster. Just a cup of cooked spinach can fulfil 66% of your daily need for folic acid. And it works wonders to boost the testosterone level. Spinach also has vitamin A, vitamin B, iron, calcium, and fibre. It helps to prevent cancer, cardiac arrest, and brain damage.
Today we will learn a simple and healthy spinach recipe that is great for both women and men’s health. It is the vegetable oats khichri with spinach. Khichri is an Asian food made with rice and lentil. We will use oats as a healthy substitute for rice. While rice is full of carbohydrates, oats contain a significant amount of protein with complex carbohydrates. Protein is extremely essential for men’s health. Especially, if you are an athlete or spend a lot of time working out, you cannot deny the necessity of protein for your body. Oats also have some amount of zinc and folate which are excellent testosterone-boosting elements.
Another important ingredient of the khichri is the red lentil. You would be surprised to know that red lentil has 27% more folate than the spinach. It also has an ample amount of protein, zinc, and vitamin B which are very important for men’s health.
So, without doing any further delay, let’s jump right into the recipe.
Vegetable Oats Khichri
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup red lentil
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup green pea
- 4 cups of water
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil into a saucepan. Add sliced onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, chopped tomato, turmeric powder, red chili powder, pepper, and cumin powder. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add green pea and spinach. Fry with the spices for 3 minutes. Then add rolled oats and red lentil. Fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Mix well. Let it come to a boil.Then cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the oats khichri on a low flame for 10 minutes.