Maintaining Good Health is everything. Exercising regularly and counting all the calories in your meals can help you reach your weight-loss goal. Staying healthy is not just limited to dieting and working out; instead, it should be about planning a framework that you can work along the rest of your life, to keep existing and potential health issues at bay. Creating a healthy diet to improve your health and wellbeing is a great way to complement regular exercise.
The Healthy Diet Challenge
Eating habits can’t be changed suddenly. They take time, dedication and a whole lot of patience. Introduce yourself to different kinds of vegetables that you’ve been dreading all your life. One at a time, incorporate them into your daily meals and notice if they taste good and if they’re keeping you feel energised and full for longer.
Eat fruits, vegetables and lentils to reach your daily calorie count. Omit all bad calories which make you feel bloated; add healthy ones that keep you from getting hungry frequently.
What You Should Be Eating:
- No deep-frying fish or chicken anymore! Just drizzle some olive oil on whatever protein you’ve chosen for the day and either grill or broil it in the oven.
- Eat wholegrain bread with any of your favourited fruit on top. Don’t dredge it in butter or cheeses; instead, find out what other low-fat and healthier substitutes you can choose to go on your bread
- Say goodbye to the untimed snack cravings. If you feel hungry, eat a big bowl full of your favourite seasonal fruits. No Cheetos!
- Don’t eat processed foods, as they contain hidden and harmful fats.
- If you crave soft drinks, just fulfil your craving with a fruit iced tea.
Remember When creating a healthy diet:
- Following a well-balanced diet plan will do wonders for you. You could begin by consulting a clinical nutritionist who helps you set your goals better.
- Don’t rush things and go on a ‘no-meal’ diet on your day-1. Incorporate exercise into your daily routine. Start off with 20 minutes a day and increase the duration gradually, so you don’t get exhausted too quickly.