Welcome to Shella Hall, a qualified and practising Naturopath, Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist at the Wavell Heights Clinic. With more than 30 years in the Health Industry and practising in more than 10 countries, Shella has extensive experience that became a passion for holistic health more than 10 years ago, when she realized there must be an alternative approach to health and wellness. Shella uses evidence-based medicine within a holistic setting to create individualized programs for clients, gather information from up-to-date scientific research, and apply it to the traditional underpinnings of holistic health.
Shella believes that educating her clients about their health is essential to the overall wellbeing of a person and ultimately successful health restoration and empowerment. Diet choices play a key role in health and disease and can interact with our genes and affect every aspect of our lives, so coaching clients on a wholesome & nourishing diet is important. Most importantly, working with the individual at their own pace to achieve their goals and supporting them through the process is an integral principle of her care plans.
Shella is passionate about addressing chronic health issues such as female hormonal imbalances, gut health, autoimmune conditions, post-viral syndrome, thyroid dysfunction, detoxification, stress, anxiety and weight management, as well as giving educational and nutritional advice and her specialties Specialties include Hormonal Health, Peri-Menopause & Menopause, Thyroid Imbalance, Weight Loss, Nutrition and Diet, Diabetes, Digestion, Gut Health, Wellness, Women’s Health, Immune System, Pain and Inflammation, Detoxification, Stress and Mood Disorders, Skin complaints such as Acne, Dermatitis and Rosacea.
As a Naturopath, Shella uses natural medicine to treat the following:
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar disorders, PTSD.
- Detoxification: Helping the body eliminate and manage toxins to ensure optimal function, increased energy and an overall state of wellbeing.
- Neurological: Epilepsy, Seizures, Neurological Degenerations.
- Stress and Fatigue: Ensuring optimal energy production from a cellular level and correcting neural imbalances.
- Reproductive Health: Supporting and correcting any hormonal imbalances in conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis and menopause, as well as up to date preconception, pregnancy and post-natal care.
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Fungal infections and Acne.
- Menstrual Disorders: PMS, PMDD, painful periods, menstrual flooding, loss of period.
- Digestion: Supporting a healthy internal environment to ensure optimal nutritional status and gut health.
- Diet and Nutrition/Lifestyle: Ensuring a manageable food as a medicine approach to eating while encouraging small techniques to manage day-to-day stressors better.
- Weight Management: Working with the individual to create a tailored program that gives long-lasting results.
- Men’s Health: Supporting a balanced hormone production at all stages in life.
- Immune Disorders: Colds, Flu and overall immunity.
- Autoimmune: Rheumatoid Arthritis, System Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Coeliac’s Disease, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease.
Sheila’s Qualifications are: Naturopath | Nutritionist | Medical Herbalist |Advanced Diploma in Naturopathy | Advanced Diploma in Herbal Medicine | Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine | Accredited member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)