Treating the Origins of Metabolic Disease Through The Gut
Are you overweight? Struggling with mood or energy swings, high blood sugar, cholesterol, or blood pressure? G.E.E.M protocol or Gut Ecology and Metabolic Modulation might be your answer.
Metabolic syndrome is an umbrella term that includes a cluster of symptoms such as excess body fat, high cholesterol and/or triglycerides and blood sugar and increased blood pressure. It is a major risk factor in the development of type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease.
The term ‘metabolic’ is a normal biochemical function. So when dysfunction or disease occurs it’s a sign the biochemistry is off track.
Even if some of us are more genetically prone to certain diseases, current research in nutrigenomics confirms that certain molecules signal our cells to turn certain genes on and off (thus changing function and health outcomes).
This means the foods we choose every day have profound effects on our health – now and into the future.
Each mouthful is rich in thousands of food chemicals that promote either health – or disease.
The G.E.M.M. protocol is a clinical strategy to address both acute and chronic health conditions, beginning at the Gut-Immune interface and subsequently impacting distant cells and organs within the body.
Gut Ecology and Metabolic Modulation (G.E.M.M)
Our Clinical Nutritionist & Naturopath, Sheridan Genrich has completed professional education to become a G.E.M.M Certified Practitioner, being trained by Australian Nutritional Biochemist, Dr Christine Houghton PhD.
The Gut Ecology and Metabolic Modulation (G.E.M.M. protocol) focuses on what is currently known about cell function & the gut microbiome to repair and restore a more healthy digestive tract.
The intestinal lining of our digestive tract has “tight junctions” between the cells that are meant to open transiently to allow for food absorption.
When the gut barrier and its tight junctions become weakened, unwanted microbes and molecules leak through to the underlying immune cells, where they can cause infections, food intolerances, allergies, toxic overload and uncontrolled inflammation. This contribute to the downward spiral towards poor health.
Using diet and lifestyle strategies along with evidence-based nutraceuticals, G.E.M.M targets upstream (ie. higher up pathways) cellular processes and results in improved health of all body systems and pathways of function.
Used with permission: The G.E.M.M. Protocol© Cell-Logic Australia – 2020
Symptoms that may indicate your gut needs support:
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Abdominal pain, bloating, distention
- Excessive flatulence
- Long-term diarrhoea / constipation
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Undigested food or blood in stool
- Chronic reflux
- Autoimmune conditions
- Fatigue, brain fog
- Poor mood, irritability
- Poor immune system, frequent illnesses
- Hormonal imbalances, PMS
- Skin rashes, eczema, hives, psoriasis, rosacea, acne
- Candida and yeast infections
- Gastritis or stomach pain, especially when empty
Proven Results and Lasting Health with Weight Loss as a Side Effect
- We can tailor the program to suit your unique biochemical needs
- We will support you all the way with fortnightly consultations
Great Tasting Supplements to Make It Easy
- Reduce hunger and improve body composition
- Assist with weight loss & reducing inflammation
- 1 x 1-hour Initial GEMM Nutritional Consultations (Identifying your present condition & influencing factors)
- 3 x 45 minute Fortnightly GEMM Nutritional Consultations (Invaluable mindset support for focus, clarity & preventing relapse or unintentional sabotages along the way)
- 30 days supply of GEMM Level A Supplements (safe even for those currently on prescribed medications)
- 3 day “Accelerator” Plan & Recipes
- 1 x Tracking Diary & Other Recommendations for Data Tracking
- 1 x Targeted Gut Friendly Starter Recipes
HEALTH FUND REBATES AVAILABLE…
A chronic health struggle is often won or lost in the mind, the heart and the soul.
Lasting behaviour change tools, mindset and coaching are invaluable to lasting results, a new lifestyle, and a new YOU!