Naturopath, Nutritionist & Medical Herbalist
Bachelor of Naturopathy, Full Member of Naturopaths & Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA), Yoga Teacher – Level 1, 350 Hours
Jen has more than 5 years experience in clinical practice. She has been mentored by some of the best practitioners in the country during her university years and beyond. She considers herself to be an Integrative Naturopath, understanding the need in some cases for co-management and combining a scientific, evidence based understanding of health with a natural approach.
She spent 3 years in a very busy practice, specialising in thyroid conditions, seeing thousands of patients and gained a solid grounding in treating hormone related conditions. Jen is familiar with a range of subsequent health concerns and has a special interest in reproductive health and digestive complaints.
Jen is also a qualified Yoga Teacher with specialised training in pre-natal and post-natal yoga and teaches a range of styles including Hatha, Yin, Meditation and Relaxation. She encourages her patients to achieve an ideal work/life balance, incorporate stress reduction and relaxation techniques. She also has a keen interest in Ayurvedic Medicine and has a preference for Ayurvedic herbal remedies.
Jen uses Naturopathy to treat the following:
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease and associated Adrenal Fatigue
- Hormonal imbalances: PCOS, Endometriosis, PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder) / PMS, Low libido, Fertility, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Fibroids
- Menopause: Peri-menopausal complaints, Post-menopausal support
- Digestion: SIBO, IBS, Diverticuliltis, Leaky gut, IBD, Coeliac, Fatty Liver, Gallstones and Gall Bladder removal, Reflux, Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Detoxification: Assessing toxicity levels, including Heavy Metal Assessment, Smoking cessation, Detox programs
- Weight Loss: Formulating a targeted treatment plan, setting realistic goals and practical applications
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep onset and maintenance complaints, improving sleep quality by identifying obstacles to good sleep
- Nutrition and Diet/ Lifestyle: Implementing sustainable change, professional advice, tailored plans
- Immune: Respiratory complaints including Asthma and COPD, Allergies and Food Intolerances, Cold and Flu, Autoimmune conditions
- Genetic Mutations: MTHFR, Pyrroluria, Gilberts Syndrome
- Pain Management: Fibromyalgia, Causes of Migraines, Range of Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Mental Health: Depression and anxiety, Alzhemiers prevention
- Diabetic Management: Sugar cravings, co-management, preventing associated complications
Jen also uses a wide range of different diagnostic tools to identify and treat presenting problems. Any herbal or natural remedies prescribed are in addition to the consultation fee.