Naturopath, Nutritionist & Medical Herbalist
Bachelor of Naturopathy, Full Member of Naturopaths & Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA), Yoga Teacher – Level 1, 350 Hours RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher)
Jen has over 7 years experience in clinical practice, combining a scientific, evidence based understanding of health with a natural approach.
After graduating she spent 3 years in a very busy clinic, specialising in thyroid conditions, seeing thousands of patients and gained a solid grounding in treating hormone related conditions. Jen is familiar with a range of subsequent health concerns and has a special interest in reproductive health including infertility. She is passionate about working with women and couples in the preconception care period.
Digestive health is another area of expertise and interest and treating SIBO is one of Jen’s specialities. Jen has worked with Dr Nirala Jacobi, Australia’s leading expert in the field, treating SIBO patients at Dr Jacobi’s clinic, working in the SIBO test lab and greatly benefited from the mentoring, education and training she received. Jen continues to successfully treat patients for SIBO and related gut issues.
In her time at Brisbane Livewell Clinic, she has enjoyed seeing a variety of patients, working more often with children, teens, young adults and mens health, while continuing to see women across all age ranges for hormone related complaints as well as other health concerns. Jen often works with blood tests and other diagnostic tools to help to identify underlying issues. She takes the time to educate her patients about their health, giving attention to detail in complex cases and utilising high quality practitioner only products and tailored herbal medicines to get results.
Jen is also a qualified Yoga Teacher with specialised training in pre-natal and post-natal yoga and teaches a range of styles including Hatha, Yin and Restorative yoga. She encourages her patients to achieve an ideal work/life balance, incorporate stress reduction and relaxation techniques in their daily lives.
Jen uses Naturopathy to treat the following:
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease and associated Adrenal Fatigue
- Hormonal imbalances: PCOS, Endometriosis, PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder) / PMS, Low libido, Fertility, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Fibroids
- Menopause: Peri-menopausal complaints, Post-menopausal support
- Digestion: SIBO, IBS, Diverticuliltis, Leaky gut, IBD, Coeliac, Fatty Liver, Gallstones and Gall Bladder removal, Reflux, Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Detoxification: Assessing toxicity levels, including Heavy Metal Assessment, Smoking cessation, Detox programs
- Weight Loss: Formulating a targeted treatment plan, setting realistic goals and practical applications
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep onset and maintenance complaints, improving sleep quality by identifying obstacles to good sleep
- Nutrition and Diet/ Lifestyle: Implementing sustainable change, professional advice, tailored plans
- Immune: Respiratory complaints including Asthma and COPD, Allergies and Food Intolerances, Cold and Flu, Autoimmune conditions
- Genetic Mutations: MTHFR, Pyrroluria, Gilberts Syndrome
- Pain Management: Fibromyalgia, Causes of Migraines, Range of Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Mental Health: Depression and anxiety, Alzhemiers prevention
- Diabetic Management: Sugar cravings, co-management, preventing associated complications
Jen also uses a wide range of different diagnostic tools to identify and treat presenting problems. Any herbal or natural remedies prescribed are in addition to the consultation fee.