The benefits of Bowen therapy comes from it being a holistic approach to muscle healing, where specific movements of the connective tissues, musculoskeletal and neurological problems are treated. It delivers results by working on the deep and superficial facia present in the connective tissues. This treatment is recommended for all ages and can help the underlying cause of pain within 3-4 visits.
What Is the Bowen Therapy Procedure?
This procedure is carried out by performing minor movements and applying pressure on different parts of the body. A therapist manipulates the muscles, tendons and ligament to relieve pain and discomfort. The procedure will be performed with an interval of 2 minutes, as Doctor Bowen believed that, movement conducted on the body has a special effect on the person. He believed that to obtain the best results, the body needed to be given sufficient time to heal. The procedure may last for one and a half hours; you might be asked to remove heavy articles of clothing and dress in a light gown or cloth. After this, you just need to lay back, relax and let the therapist do the healing.
What Are the Benefits of Bowen Therapy?
- Manipulation and pressure are usually applied where the receptors are located. This sends signals to the nervous system, which helps in altering pain signals.
- Small movement around the joints stimulates the nervous system to restore stability in the joint’s function.
- This therapy works on the facia and with mobilisation and movement; it loosens hard muscles and heals scarred tissues.
- Healing of internal organ is stimulated by working on different spinal segments.
- This therapy activates the lymphatic system that helps in drainage of toxic material and reduction of inflammation and swelling.
- It also helps improve the immune system.
- It restores balance in your body.
How Many Bowen Therapy Sessions?
You can achieve the desired results within 3-4 sessions, but for chronic or severe injuries, additional treatments may be required.
After having Bowen Therapy
It is advised not to have any additional physical therapy for a week after treatment. Your body needs time to relax and heal. To prolong the impact and results of your treatment, practice the following things at home:
- Drink 4-5 glass of water regularly for three days after the treatment. This helps in detoxification of the body and keeps the tissues hydrated.
- Enhance results with light exercise and movements.
- Your body might experience aches during the course of treatments. Avoid using a hot or cold pack.
- Soak in an Epsom salt bath to relieve pain and aches.
Heal the underlying cause of your pain; experience the multiple benefits of Bowen therapy at Brisbane Livewell Clinic.