Naturopath – Bachelor of Health Sciences (Nutritional Medicine), Advanced Diploma Naturopathy, Member of Complementary Medicine Association (CMA)
I have a special interest in treating the following: Fatigue and adrenal dysfunction, Hormone imbalances particularly female hormones, Depression, Anxiety, MTHFR, Pyrrole Disorder, Weight loss, Gastro-intestinal disorders including: IBS, IBD, Chrons, Diverticulitis and food intolerance, Skin and skin disorders: acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, Children and teenage health.
Carmel is a fully qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Yoga Instructor with more than 10 years of treating and teaching experience. Carmel’s love of travel, natural therapies and yoga has seen her treating, teaching and sharing my passion for health and yoga with people both here in Australia as well as abroad.
As a practitioner, Carmel likes to combine the use of traditional natural medicine in the form of herbs, tissue salts and nutrients with the most current supplements, compounding nutrients, functional pathology testing and evidence-based medicine available.
Carmel is happy to work with your GP or other health practitioners to ensure you have the utmost care.
Carmel uses natural medicine to treat the following:
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar disorders, PTSD.
- Detoxification: Helping the body to eliminate and manage toxins to ensure optimal function, increased energy and an overall state of wellbeing.
- Neurological: Epilepsy, Seizures, Neurological Degenerations, Multiple Sclerosis, earl stages of Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
- Stress and Fatigue: Ensuring optimal energy production from a cellular level and correcting neural imbalances.
- Reproductive Health: Supporting and correcting any hormonal imbalances in conditions such as PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibroids and Menopause, as well as managing health aspects of pre-conception, pregnancy and post-natal care.
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Rosacea, Fungal infections and Acne.
- Menstrual Disorders: PMS, PMDD, painful periods, menstrual flooding, loss of period.
- Digestion: Supporting a healthy internal environment to ensure optimal nutritional status and gut health.
- Diet and Nutrition/Lifestyle: Ensuring a manageable food as medicine approach to eating, whilst encouraging small techniques to better manage the day-to-day stressors.
- Weight Management: Working with the individual to create a tailored program that gives long lasting results.
- Men’s Health: Supporting a balanced hormone production at all stages in life.
- Immune Disorders: Colds, Flu’s and overall immunity.
- Autoimmune: Rheumatoid Arthritis, System Lupus Erythmatosis (SLE), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Coeliac’s Disease.
- Thyroid: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease.
Carmel is available for appointments at our Chermside Clinic.