Hello! My name is Huyen Do and I am an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) at Brisbane Livewell Clinic in Wavell Heights. As a Dietitian, I am passionate about client-centred care and providing an evidence-based approach to my practice to help you achieve your nutritional goals.
As a Dietitian, I treat by assessing nutritional needs, developing personalised eating plans that consider medical conditions and personal circumstances, and providing nutrition education and counselling to support nutritional goals. It is important to understand that a one-size-fits-all approach is not suitable when it comes to diet and nutrition, therefore being able to tailor nutrition advice is the cornerstone of what a Dietitian does.
My fascination with nutrition began during the second year of university while I was studying a dual degree in Exercise and Psychology when I realised how big of an impact food can have on the body and mind. This led me to study a Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics (Honours) at QUT and I graduated with Second Class Honours in 2020. During my time at university, I completed clinical placements at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Redland Hospital and QUT Health Clinics and delivered high-quality dietetic services to a range of patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting. What I enjoyed most about clinical placement was empowering patients to gain an understanding of their own health, and providing them with the necessary tools and information to be able to make choices that will help them achieve their goals.
I am able to treat patients from young children to adults. My specific areas as a Dietitian of interest include:
- Paediatrics and nutrition for young children, including general healthy eating, milestone development, nutrition support, fussy eating, and allergy or food intolerances. I believe that children are our future, and ensuring they have good nutrition at a young age is important for their growth and development.
- Women’s and maternal health including fertility, pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause. I particularly enjoy treating and educating women about nutrition and following their journey from pre-conception, pregnancy and post-partum.
- Chronic disease management, including diabetes, heart, liver or kidney disease, osteoporosis.
- Weight management, including underweight, weight stability or weight loss.
- Food intolerances or allergies. I use evidence-based treatment to investigate potential food intolerances or allergies and eliminate unwanted symptoms.
- Gastrointestinal or digestive issues, including Coeliac Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), bloating, reflux, bowel issues