The perception of Massage Therapy has evolved considerably over the years- from luxuries, to an important element of heath care practices. Massage is a holistic therapy that are proven to have positive effects on mental and physical heath, enhancing medical treatments. In Brisbane, natural health treatments have gained considerable popularity, massage in particular. More people are opting for therapeutic Massage as they have profound effects on the body. The therapeutic value of massage therapy is quite vast as massages don’t just relax the mind and body; it also directly impacts our muscle health, nervous system, circulation, respiration, digestion, immune system, and more.
Aim of Massage
A Massage usually includes manipulating, rubbing, and pressing the ligaments, tendons, muscles and skin. Therapists utilise their fingers and hands to do a massage but some also use their elbows and forearms. Massage may range from a light stroke to deep pressures.
Massage aims to effect the blood circulation and flow in the body, reduce flaccidity and muscular tension, and increase the healing of tissues.
The main purpose of massage is:
- To reduce stiffness and muscle tension,
- To provide muscle spasms relief,
- To enhance the motion range and flexibility,
- To increase efficiency and ease of movement,
- To provide relaxation and stress relief,
- To promote easier and deeper breathing,
- To improve movement and circulation of lymph and blood,
- To provide relief from eyestrain, headaches and other tension related issues,
- To promote fast healing of injuries linked with soft tissues,
- To reduce excessive formation of scar tissues after a soft tissue injury,
- To enhance overall health and provide nourishment to the skin,
- To improve posture,
- To reduce stress and anxiety levels,
- To promote relaxed mental state and enhance connection of mind-body.
Types of Massage
There are many different types of Massage. The most common ones are:
- Swedish Massage – A gentle massage which incorporates tapping, vibration, deep circular movements, kneading, and long strokes to assist the patient in energising and relaxing.
- Deep Massage – A method that uses slow but forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of connective tissue and muscle.
- Sports Massage – Involves similar movements as the Swedish massage, but is tailored towards individuals who play sports regularly or professionally.
- Trigger Point Massage – Focuses on parts of tight muscle fibers formed in muscles after overuse or injuries.
Advantages of Therapeutic Massage
Usually, Massage is considered as a part of alternative and complementary medicines. It is now being offered increasingly with standard treatments for a vast range of medical situations and conditions. Massage in Brisbane are increasingly gaining popularity due to its effectiveness of reducing muscle tension, pain and stress. There are several advantages of therapeutic massage, including relief from:
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Sports injuries
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Insomnia related
- Digestive disorders
Apart from the elimination and reduction of disease, many individuals opt for Massage as it typically involves mind and body’s connection, sense of empowerment, comfort, and care.
As you have read above there is a lot of therapeutic value of massage therapy, if you want to learn more contact a professional at Brisbane Livewell Clinic.