Quarter Chicken with Mushrooms & Kale
- 567 gms Chicken Leg, Bone-in skin on
- 200 mgs Thyme dried
- 250 mgs Oregano dried
- 750 mgs Sea Salt
- 10 White Button Mushrooms quartered
- 84 gms Kale Leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 240ºC
- Season the chicken with thyme, oregano and sea salt on all sides. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken skin side down. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes without moving the chicken.
- Flip the chicken over and add the mushrooms. Place in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the oven and transfer to a plate, leaving the drippings in the pan. Add the kale to the pan, and sauté over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the chicken, mushrooms and kale onto plates and enjoy!
- Left overs - Refrigerate in an airtightcontainer up to three days.No Kale? Use another green such as Swisschard or spinach.More Flavor - Add additional seasonings such as paprika or garlic.