Watercress caprese salad with pesto dressing
- 1 cup fresh watercress roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomato
- 1 Oz vegan mozzarella cheese cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoon lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
First prepare the pesto dressing. In a food processor take basil leaves, 1 tablespoon pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Make a smooth paste. The dressing is ready.
Now add watercress,tomato, vegan mozzarella, and the rest of the pine nuts in the salad bowl. Add the pesto dressing and toss nicely.
The salad is ready to serve.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.8g | Protein: 5.3g | Fat: 20.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 3.4g | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg