Vegan Friendly Pasta Bake
Delicious creamy meat-free and dairy-free pasta bake the whole family will love
- 250 grams Fettuccine gluten free variety (such as rice or quinoa)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lg Onion peeled and diced
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp Chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp Parsley freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 400 grams Canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 Lg Carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 Cup Vegetable stock
- Pepper to tatse
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 Cup Black olives sliced
- 2 Cup Silver beet leaves shredded
- 1/2 Cup Vegan friendly “cheese” finely grated
Preheat oven to 180C.
Cook the pasta according to packet directions until al dente, drain and set aside.
In a large fry pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion garlic, chilli flakes, parsely and paprika. Cook, stirring frequently until onions are soft approximately 8 minutes.
Add the drained chickpeas, carrots and vegetable stock then season with pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the silver beet, cherry tomatoes and olives and mix through.
Add the cooked pasta to a casserole dish, add the chickpea-vegetable mixture and toss until well mixed.
Sprinkle over the grated “cheese” and cover with foil. Bake in oven for 15 minutes then remove the foil. Return to oven and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until cheese is slightly golden on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1254IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg