Probiotic Pumpkin Seed Slaw
A crispy simple coleslaw that is rich with probiotics and bursting with fibre. This salad will support and boost the health of your microbiome and is perfect when treating Parasite Infections.
Servings: 4 Serves
- 1 1/2 Cup Green cabbage thinly shredded
- 1 Cup Red cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 Carrots peeled and grated
- 3 Celery stalk thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion peeled and finely diced
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin seeds lightly toasted
- 1/4 Cup Pinenuts lightly toasted
- 1 Cup Probiotic goat’s milk kefir
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Parsley leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Pepper freshly ground (to taste)
Combine the all the prepared salad ingredients in to a large bowl and toss together, (only add seeds/nuts just prior to serving so they stay crunchy).
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss through.
Serve as a side with your choice of vegetarian or lean protein source.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 128IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 12mg