Nourishing Garlic Soup
Beat the cold and flu this winter with this quick, easy, delicious and nourishing garlic soup.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 3 Cup Vegetable stock (homemade preferably)
- 3 Cup Water
- 4 Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 Lg Carrot roughly chopped
- 3 Celery stalks roughly chopped (with leaves)
- 1 Onion peeled and diced
- 1 - 2 Lg Bulbs of garlic peeled (add as much or as little as desired)
- 2 Tbsp Thyme fresh leaves
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, bring the stock and the water to a boil.
Add all the vegetables, garlic and spices.
Cook covered over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
Either use a stick blender to puree the soup in the pot or transfer the soup to a food processor or blender in batches to process to desired consistency.
Once pureed, check temperature of the soup, return to pot to reheat if needed.
Ladle between serving bowls and serve immediately.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 53% | Vitamin C: 23% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 4%