Remedial Massage Therapist
Diploma of Remedial Massage and member of the Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT). Specialties include but are not limited to: Remedial & Deep Tissue Massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Sports Massage and Sports Injury treatment and postural conditions, Pre and Post Natal Massage, Infant Massage Instruction, Relaxation Massage, whole body movement assessment including well being.
Formally trained in Remedial, Sports and Relaxation massage, Kelly’s goal is to assist clients in reaching their optimum health and wellbeing. She believes that we live our lives to our maximum potential when our mind, body and soul is nurtured. Therapeutic massage is an integral part of achieving this. Kelly is also trained in pre and post-natal massage which includes infant massage instruction. She feels so blessed to have the opportunity to positively impact on lives from the very beginning.
Being a mother to a beautiful daughter plus a 25 year career in the early childhood industry gave me the grounding and understanding of the importance and necessity to care and nurture. So combining this with a desire to seek further knowledge about how I could help others, led me to learn massage.
I use Remedial Massage techniques with my clients to help:
- Increase movement and mobility
- Symptoms of headache and migraine
- Decrease pain from muscle tightness and strain
- Improve postural habits
- In recovery and rehabilitation from injury
- Maintain good muscle health
- Defence personnel, sports players and athletes to maintain fitness levels, therefore reducing injury recovery time
- Recognise muscle tension areas and how to use self help techniques such as stretching and strengthening
Relaxation Massage therapy can also assist with:
- General rest and relaxation
- Improving quality sleep
- Reducing stress levels
- Decreasing anxiety
- Maintaining a sense of calm and balance
- These treatments are designed specifically for individual needs as this differs with clients depending on each trimester of pregnancy or personal preference of massage technique
Pregnancy massage is well known to help ease some symptoms of pregnancy, ranging from muscle tension in hips; interrupted sleep; fluid retention to emotional health and a sense of well being
- Time and care is taken to ensure clients have a thorough understanding of the contraindications of pregnancy massage such as: use of certain essential oils; high risk pregnancies; acupressure areas and proper positioning
Infant Massage Instruction:
- Known to help parents bond with their babies, Infant Massage can also help with knowing how to soothe and settle an infant
- Techniques learned through instruction can aide in digestive problems such as reflux and constipation. Infant Massage also builds a foundation of self awareness and self respect.
- These sessions are offered before and after baby arrives, giving new parents some helpful advice and techniques to help make those first few weeks a little easier!
- Both parents are encouraged to participate these sessions
- Duration for the introductory session is approximately one hour. This is a private, one on one session. A gift bag with related information and infant massage oil comes with this initial session