What could you expect during the first consultation?
During the initial, hour-long consultation, your homeopath will discuss your complaint, and whether it is ACUTE or CHRONIC.
An acute complaint is generally self-limiting and probably would have come on recently. Complaints like gastroenteritis, bites/stings, bruises/strains, burns or earache could be classified as acute.
A chronic complaint will include something you have been living with for months or even years in varying degrees. These complaints may include eczema, asthma, fertility problems, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis and recurrent infections of a similar nature.
Homeopathy for Skin Conditions is a great help in treatment.
In both acute and chronic cases your homeopath will ask you for as much detail associated with what you are currently experiencing. For example:
- Where in your body you are experiencing discomfort
- Exactly what the sensations are that you are feeling
- How does the skin feel to the touch
- When did it start
- Potential causes
- Specific modalities of the complaint:
- What makes the pain worse or what do you try to do to relieve the discomfort?
- What time of the day does the condition get worse or feel better?
- How does the skin eruption respond to the heat, cold, scratching, bathing, pressure, exercise, sun exposure, emotion, sweating?
- Are there potentially other factors that have an effect on the skin, such as exposure to any of the following:
- Foods like nuts, milk/cheese, egg, peas, oranges, strawberries, chicken, wheat, fish
- Pollen, dust, fungi, nettles, change in temperature
- Infestation of intestinal parasites such as candida albicans
- Deodorant, powders, creams, chemicals/detergents, soaps, latex products
- Emotional or psychological stresses
- Any associated complaints that often occur together
If your condition is CHRONIC your homeopath would ask additional questions relating to the following:
- What other health problems you have been prone to in the past
- Whether you have had any relevant diagnostic tests or pathology reports
- Any medications you may be taking currently or have been prescribed for the complaint in the past
- Your family’s medical history
- General symptoms which tell the homeopath more about how you express yourself such as:
- Your thirst
- Your appetite
- Sleep patterns, including dreams, nightmares etc
- Environmental effects eg cold / hot weather / animals / music / company / being indoors / outdoors
- If the patient is a child – the pregnancy, birth, vaccination history, milestones reached, as well as the mother and father’s emotional and physical states at the time of conception and birth
- Your temperament / personality
- Anxieties/ fears / phobias
So, there is undoubtedly a lot of information that your homeopath will gather from you during that initial consultation and some patients may find this surprising. But the more detailed and accurate the information, the better your homeopath will be equipped to make a bespoke prescription that is deep-acting and fits your individual complaints.
Using Homeopathy For Skin Conditions
Examples of complaints that could be assisted by Homeopathy for Skin Conditions include:
- Skin conditions where there is heat to the affected area, a stinging pain, redness and swelling.
- Skin conditions accompanied by underlying gastric complaints. The tongue may have a thick, white coating, and the skin condition is generally worse for heat.
- Where skin eruptions burn, are worse for getting wet or exposure to cold air and when scratching the skin does not alleviate. The skin condition may be relieved by taking a warm bath or applying warmth to the area.
- Skin lesions that are red, swollen and burn and itch intolerably, may be accompanied by joint pain.
- Skin conditions where the skin has formed an abscess-like eruption which contains pus.
- Where the skin is prone to developing pimples/pustular eruptions, abscesses or boils.
- Cold sores that develop on the lip or around the mouth.
Homeopathic Remedies Designed For You
Our practitioners can prescribe customised homeopathics that have been developed to treat your individual complaints. Your skin complaints are unique and as such your remedies will be individually tailored to provide you with the support that you need.
It is important to use all homeopathic remedies under the advice of a homeopathic practitioner to ensure the correct dosage and understanding of the possible side-effects or interaction with other medication you may be taking.