Homeopathy for Constipation
Homeopathy for Constipation and for Bloating can be a very useful treatment in assisting those experiencing abdominal discomfort on a regular basis and may alleviate complaints associated with digestive conditions such as:
- Constipation (possibly accompanied by hemorrhoids)
- Bloating, possibly accompanied by pain and cramping
- Heartburn / indigestion
- Hyperacidity & gout
- Excessive wind/belching
A few possible causes of some of the symptoms above could include:
- Food intolerances or poor diet
- Irritable bowel syndrome
It is important to rule out potential underlying pathology with a medical practitioner, especially if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Sudden, severe abdominal pain
- Vomiting, especially if accompanied by abdominal distention
- Weight loss, which is not from deliberate dieting
- Alteration in the normal bowel habit, either with persistent looseness or constipation
- Bleeding from the back passage
While a medical diagnosis is important, Homeopathy treats the individual complaints experienced by a person as opposed to a disease name. Below is a broad look at a number of different complaints of the digestive system that homeopathic remedies may assist with.
- Heartburn and indigestion, especially a couple of hours after eating, where the person feels they’ve overdone it by eating too much fatty or sweet food or have had a binge on alcohol.
- Bloating and distention, where the person is belching frequently, possibly with regurgitation and heartburn, noticeably worse in the late afternoon.
- Spasms of abdominal pain, especially when the pain makes the person bend double and they feel better for application of a warm water bottle. There may also be associated anger, which triggers off the abdominal cramps.
- Constipation where the bowels have become sluggish or where dehydration is a problem, resulting in large, bulky stools that are hard to pass.
- Diarrhoea including gastroenteritis-type symptoms where there may be vomiting and diarrhoea simultaneously, long-lasting, debilitating diarrhoea and diarrhoea as a result of food sensitivities.
Your homeopath will prescribe remedies to suit your individual complaints based on a thorough consultation discussing your medical history, family history, presenting symptoms and relevant physical findings.
Homeopathy is a gentle yet effective form of alternative medicine that can assist in children’s digestive complaints such as constipation, colic, food intolerances and emotionally-based abdominal discomfort. Many children experience emotional upset in their tummies, resulting in pain and possibly diarrhoea. Homeopathy aims to treat the individual cause for the complaint, and if there is an emotional link, the prescription will aim to address the cause alongside the associated complaints.