If you’re suffering from weight gain or obesity, you can regain control of your weight and life through Kinesiology. Obesity is a serious health issue in Australia. According to the National Health Survey, 63.4% of Australian adults were overweight or obese (11.2 million people) in 2014-15. This represents a colossal 56.3% increase in the country’s obesity rate since 1995.
Obesity is a complex health condition that can be caused by a combination of factors, including genetics. However, it can take a huge physical, emotional and mental toll on a person. Additionally, obesity can affect anyone, regardless of their gender, age, race, etc.
What is obesity?
To put it simply, obesity is a condition where an individual has excessive body fat. This can have an adverse effect on their health. Obesity can enhance the risk of serious diseases, including health disease.
The most common factors for obesity include the following:
- Unhealthy diet: Eating too much of unhealthy food can result in excessive weight gain. Unhealthy foods include, but are not limited to, processed food and high-calorie beverages. It’s important to incorporate a variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet, along with good fats and protein.
- Inactive lifestyle: Living a sedentary lifestyle contributes to weight gain. You need to exercise regularly to burn calories.
- Medication: Certain heavy medication, such as antidepressants can lead to obesity.
Obesity can cause serious emotional, psychological and physical consequences, such as:
- Diseases, such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, dyslipidemia, gallbladder disease, osteoarthritis and more.
- Deteriorate a person’s quality of life. It can decrease their self-esteem and confidence level. It’s common for affected individuals to experience feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, or inadequacy.
- Difficulty with physical movement
How to overcome obesity
If you’re suffering from weight gain or obesity, you can regain control of your weight and life through Kinesiology. Kinesiology is a natural approach to stimulate the body’s self-healing response. It brings balance back into the energy field and gets rid of the causal factor that forces it out of balance.
Kinesiology finds the root cause of your eating issues in order to design a treatment plan. It includes natural therapies, including nutritional supplements, emotional stress release techniques, acupuncture, massage, lifestyle changes and more.
Once you meet a practitioner, they will evaluate your health, dietary habits and needs, and then formulate an effective treatment. Our Kinesiologist will develop a customised plan for each patient. They usually prefer to work 2-3 sessions within a 2-3 month period, depending on your personal and financial needs.