Can Homeopathy help Childbirth? Whether your baby will come into the world by vaginal delivery or a caesarean section, homeopathy can be a very valuable tool during childbirth as well, leading up to the big day, during the process of delivering the baby and after the delivery. Here, we will focus on how Homoeopathic remedies can assist during the delivery.
A consultation with your homoeopath could leave you feeling a lot more prepared for the delivery of your baby as, if this is the first time you are going to experience this incredible journey, it can be an overwhelming time. Homeopathic remedies can help with emotional anxiety or fear regarding what to expect. Fabulous remedies for this include Rescue remedy and Aconite.
There are invaluable remedies for childbirth to assist:
- When the pregnancy has gone past the baby’s due date or by establishing regular, effective contractions if labour has started but is slow to progress
- With muscular fatigue and discomfort in the last stages of pregnancy
- With fear, restlessness and anxiety leading up to or during childbirth
- With lower back pain during labour, where the pain feels too much to bear and the labouring woman possibly feels angry and irritable as a result
- When the labouring woman is intensely anxious and fearful, with trembling from fear
- As a healing combination to relieve nerve pain or damage and promote tissue healing. Remedies can be applied topically to relieve and heal vaginal tears or episiotomy cuts
- There is also a herbal tincture of Calendula that can be diluted in cooled or boiled water and applied to the perineum a couple of times per day, after delivery until the wound starts to heal
For specific remedies and more detailed Homeopathic advice click here