Alkalizing vs acidic
Have you found some yummy snacks that you have relied on in the last 11 days? Something that is not out of a packet?
Here are our top alkalising snacks:
- Almonds: A small handful of almonds are packed full of protein, fibre, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and other antioxidants.
- Sprouts: Sprouts are rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes. They are affordable and easy to grow
- Raw Carrot: Carrots are packed full of vitamin A, C, K and B1, B3 and B6, fibre, magnesium, potassium and folate.
- Seed Mix: Get a good seed mix – sesame, pumpkin, sunflower and flax. Seeds contain a range of minerals, proteins and essential fatty acids. They’re also on our top cancer busting food list. Eat up!
- Raw Soups: Raw soups, like juices, will give your body a huge injection of nutrients and will require no energy to digest
In health and happiness,
Brisbane Livewell Clinic
Carrot & Lemon Juice
- 4-5 peeled carrots, ends trimmed (peel only if they need peeling)
- 1 lemon peeled (you must peel all citrus fruit prior to juicing)
Place in juicer and drink immediately.Fresh juice enzymes are alive and must be ingested at their maximum freshness to gain the benefits. The juice also loses it’s delicious taste if stored. 30 mins is the most time you can let a juice rest before the taste really changes, becoming less effective.
- 1 x stalk of kale (leaves only)
- 1 x generous handful of spinach
- 1 x small frozen banana
- 1 x frozen cheek of mango
- 1 cup of purified water or coconut water
**If mangos are unavailable, swap with a few chunks of pineapple.
Wash and chop all ingredients and whack it in your blender until smooth. More water may need to be added to get your preferred consistency.