Our bodies are designed for regular physical activity. We have a circulatory system that pumps blood and oxygen around the body and this system has it’s own pump (your heart). We also have a lymphatic system and this carries many toxins and wastes. Unfortunately, this doesn’t have it’s own pump and relies on the big muscles in your legs and arms to pump the toxins out of your body .
If you’re not exercising build your base with 30 minutes of quality aerobic exercise, twice a week. You could go for a brisk walk, run, swim, go to a class at the gym, bike riding etc plus you could also do one session of strengthening exercises such as weights, yoga or pilates.
Exercise should be like brushing your teeth. You’d never go a day without brushing your teeth, so why would you go a day without exercising?
Research has shown that if you exercise consistently over a 12 month period, you will form this positive addiction for a lifetime.
Enjoy the sunshine today!
In health and happiness,
Brisbane Livewell Clinic
Nutty Zucchini Loaf
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Carrots, grated
- 1 1/3 cup Almond Meal
- 2 Tomatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup Red Capsicum, diced
- 1 cup of Celery, grated
- 2 cups of Zucchini, grated
- 1 1/3 cup Raw Almonds
- 2 teaspoons dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- Celtic Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and place in an oiled loaf tin.
- Bake at 180°c for 45-60 minutes.
- Enjoy with a fresh green salad to increase the alkalinity ration towards 80/20 of water food.